Saturday, December 23, 2006

Not Done Yet

I went on a date with the crossing guard last night. I spent a reasonable amount at a hibachi place but the food was good, sadly the lady did not seem to enjoy it as much as me. To make things worse I was not dressed half as nicely as I should have been.
Before the date a lady I am chatting with on Yahoo tells me to make sure to make plenty of eye contact, touch the small of her back and try to touch her arms especially the upper part. This lady and I have been chatting for a bit and she reads my blog, so she is aware that I have been having a problem getting women past being friends and by doing as she said I would make the women I am out with more aware of my dating interest.
After dinner we drove around and talked a lot then went to a dance club on a boat. I hardly know how to dance but I figured why not go since I have been a homebody lately. So the crossing guard and I danced a little and went home around 1am.
I dropped her off and she refused a hug good night.... Nice! However, this time I know she is aware of my intentions due to the advice of my female Yahoo chat friend. The problem is that the Crossing guard is simply a prude and not very experienced with dating (even less then I am, seems the crossing guard is a real old school style lady).
If by some chance I am wrong and she is really just using me as a cash patsy do not worry because I already smell that angle but I will take things as they come and play the game a bit longer for now with the crossing guard.

As for the other lady my friend set me up with and meet once so far. Had an excellent conversation yesterday before my date with the crossing guard. I feel a bit more hopeful something may work out with her but we will see.

My evaluation is I am still doing something for new years with the crossing guard and I am still hopeful for the other lady my friends set me with. Overall nothing has changed though; I am debut free and home alone Saturday December 23. Though I could have gone out with friends tonight, I wanted to stay home because I am feeling introspective.


Besides that I had a dream that I wrote a huge blog entry and it was very interesting and some author read it and contacted me asking to publish some of my ramblings. That is not really what I want to happen but I think lately I have been worried about what my intentions are with writing so personally in a public space. I have also wondered if writing here has served any purpose. Was anyone reading? Did anyone care? Did I help anyone or make them smile? These questions have rumbled around my head and I guess inspired my dream. I then spoke to a friend that is a blogger and she basically said to forget all that and write for me.

DKC

No comments: