Thursday, January 13, 2005

Amusement

Amusement can be defined as "entertainment: a diversion that holds the attention". I agree with this definition.

For most of my life after 14 years old my life has centered on how I can amuse myself, while not hurting anyone and if you have a good time while I am amusing myself everyone wins. That is basically 20 years of amusement and I have had a blast. I have tried to not be selfish or cocky but these things happen to everyone. I have occasionally acted recklessly, even heedless of other people, and some small times brilliantly {my own assessment}. I have learned a lot of things about amusing myself and its effects on people. In fact, almost everyone in my life alive or past has played a part in my amusement. Over the years, I have grown so that I can amuse myself without others being harmed mentally or physically and I think this is an achievement. If you think about it most anything can be considered amusement and at one time everything was amusement for me.

I feel very selfish while writing this but it is the truth and I do not think I am a bad person for it.

The point of this post is what befuddles my mind while I am busy amusing myself is how strangely people react. In my mind I would think of watching this guy {ME} amuse myself as a show or even a play? Some people can do this and a very small few people can play along. It’s the reactions of shock, confession and etc that boggle my mind. {Mind you I am pretty good at keeping the amusement effect to myself *my own assessment*}. These reactions are what helped me create my number 1 original quote on the side bar to the right "1. Do not scorn me because the most creative thing you have done today was set your alarm clock yesterday.”
Anyway, part of me understands why people react poorly but largely I have wonderment about what are these people doing over there or does anything make them smile? I go even further and think if they are not smiling why not does something else that will make them smile? ... It’s hard even strange for me to think that we have one life and not trying to enjoy it.
Recently, I have been slightly reclusive and depressed which is sadly affecting those closest to me. This has to do with my step father passing, money and a few other fun psychological issues... {All part of the cycle a person must have a down to have an up}...
However, while in this state I am still trying to amuse myself...

Wrap it up Cazman {Long post today}
What I am trying to say is there are plenty of things that life is about but while doing most of them I think you should have a good time or why do it? Does my amusement really hurt you? Must you suck my energy go read The Celestine Prophecy and find your own energy to ruin or go wilt a bush ... something other then that glare or reaction that really just frustrates me and brings some people that are enjoying life down. Go to someone else's show ....my show no longer takes that close minded crap.

Man what a rant today...whew glad I got that one out.

Be Well,
DKC

1 comment:

Jean-Francois said...

Yo Dude! Thanks for stopping by my blog, and for leaving a message of course. I comment to myself 'cause nobody else does... so, just to see at least "1 comment".
Like your blog; lots of ink in here. Keep up.
Cheers!