Wednesday, December 22, 2004

"Beggar" a original writing

I wrote the following when I was a lot younger but I like it.

At some point in time everyone, including you will find something that can bring you to enlightenment.
Let me tell you how it could happen to you. One day you could walk up to a poor sleeping beggar on a lonely street and say to the beggar "how can you let yourself live like this?" The poor beggar will awaken and look up at you and say "You poor soul you have sight but can not see, you have ears but can not hear, and you have a mouth but cannot eat!" Even though this is not the answer you desire his words overwhelm you and your curiosity asks 'what does this mean?' The beggar smiles and says "you have been given an apple and except it as an apple. You have never tried to make the apple something else. This is because that you were told that an apple was an apple and so you hear, see, and taste just an apple; When you could have tasted a meal that could satisfy any hungry person. In my life when I am given an apple I see it for what it could be and not for what people usually see. Where you have always been afraid to see anything but an apple, I have seen beyond. So, this is the reason why I am the way, I am and you are the way you are."
With that answer the beggar will fall back to sleep and in the dark you will continue on your way. Sadly you will most likely not see the light even though the beggar had turned it on.

DKC

No comments: